9i ODBC driver drops first column

From: Jerry Dubuke <jdubuke_at_not.gpdservices.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:29:42 -0400

Hi All,
I have a problem which just cropped up after I upgraded from 8.0.6 to 9i. In a nutshell, I have ASP scripts that run on a Windows 2K3 IIS server. My sql is very straightforward:
"select oh_number, cu_name from oh, cu where oh_type = 'Q' and oh_cukey = cu_key"
My recordset execution statement is "rsX.open szSQL, dbCnxn, 1, 1". My recordset only contains the CU_NAME field...the oh_number field is non-existent.
If I add a dummy first field along the lines of "select '1' one, oh_number....." then I get my 2 fields, but again the first NOW DUMMY field is gone.
This is totally reproducible.
Does anyone know about this bug, or where I can go to get more info on this bug??
I am using Oracle ODBC driver "Oracle in OraHome92" version 9.02.00.00. Thanks in advance!!
Jerry Received on Tue Aug 29 2006 - 15:29:42 CEST

Original text of this message