Re: Oracle Forms Release 6.0

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Aug 2006 01:39:51 -0700

[Quoted] nandan.naik_at_gmail.com schreef:

> I am not sure if buying the books which talk about the latter two
> versions will help me to deal with an application developed in Oracle
> Developer Forms 6.0

Neither.

[Quoted] As stated, these are quite old ("antique" was used). If you really must develop in Forms, go for the latest release, 10 (downloadable from otn.oracle.com). As Forms/Reports seems to be at it's end of the lifecycle, I doubt whether many books can be found at all about this release. In that case, choose the latest release you can get hold of.

I would consider learning PL/SQL and/or Java instead, if this is a new assignement, or self-improvement. Received on Mon Aug 28 2006 - 10:39:51 CEST

Original text of this message