Re: Trying to compile a ProC in Oracle 10g R1

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 28 Aug 2006 07:51:16 GMT

CBro <manohar.kaul_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I just recently installed Oracle 10g R1 on my Fedora Core 2
> server. I have come across the need to run a ProC from askTom that
> allows me to dump the data in Oracle tables to a CSV file! This is
> absolutely essential and from the reviews on AskTom I believe this
> script is currently the fastest way of doing so at the moment.
>
> Now I am not sure as to whether Oracle 10g R1.0.3 comes shipped with
> the ProC compiler. So I went ahead and downloaded the instantclient
> 10.1 SDK which I read allows you to run ProC programs. I can get to the
> stage where I can run the "proc" command with a .pc file argument.
> Just dont know what to do next. As when I compile the .c file it
> generates I get a whole bunch of errors!
>
> Is there a manual or a guide that shows you how to get ProC working on
> Oracle 10g R1 so I can start to compile ProC programs?

This seems all wrong.

There is no 'proc' in Oracle Instant Client.

The Pro*C you're using is probably the one from 10.1.0.3 that you have installed.
The full client comes with Pro*C.
You can find out whether you have it installed by running Oracle Universal Installer. If not, you can still install it later.

I don't know what you intend to do with Instant Client on your machine. Particularly since it is another version (10.1.0.5 I guess).

My advice is to erase Instant Client and try again.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Mon Aug 28 2006 - 09:51:16 CEST

Original text of this message