Re: Performance improvment -loop update.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:03:31 -0700

yogi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please help me in tuning this query...

You've got to be kidding. I help a lot of people and try to keep an open mind but your question, as I read it, is offensive.

You provide no information about the system No SLA
No Explain Plan
You have a cursor loop which has been repeatedly sited as inefficient compared with array processing.

And then you want someone else to do what you are paid for? And urgently too?

No! Perhaps I just need some coffee. But if you are not qualified to do your job then quit.

Now I'll go get some coffee. ;-)

University of Washington
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond)