Re: SQL query help

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:48:09 GMT

krallabandi_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Brian, I got this error
>
> 12:50:49 PM ORA-00904: "CLIENT_STRUCTURE_RECORD_ID": invalid
> identifier
>
> because CLIENT_STRUCTURE_RECORD_ID is not part of SQL, we cannot use in
> outer order by clause.
>
> any ideas??
>
> Thanks

Change the ORDER BY clause to use their column locations instead. Since you want to order by the 1st column and then the 5th column, use the following:

ORDER BY 1,5 Alternatively, instead of saying "SELECT *" in the outside SELECT statement, enumerate the columns and use the ORDER BY clause as written.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net