Re: Data export from oracle 10G to SqlServer 2000

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 7 Aug 2006 03:07:43 -0700

aamir.majeed_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I need to transfer data on daily basis from an oracle 10g database
> running on Linux to the sql Server 2000 database.For that I need first
> to get my query output from oracle into flat file and then bulkinsert
> that file into sqlserver 2000.
> I just read about Oracle Data Pump which could be used for Bulk Export
> .I need to know how could I use data pump to get data out from oracle.

I'd look into Oracle Heterogeneous Connectivity if I were you. You can send the data from Oracle to SQL Server without the need for extracting it to file first:

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14232/toc.htm

HTH -g Received on Mon Aug 07 2006 - 12:07:43 CEST

Original text of this message