How to trigger Informatica from OAE ?

From: John Burke <abc_at_def.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:39:39 -0500

Hello

[Quoted] [Quoted] We will be using Oracle Application Express (OAE) to upload a tab delimited text file. After performing some simple validations on the data uploaded, OAE will write the data rows to a table in the Oracle database.

At this point, we would like to kick off an Informatica mapping which will read the data from this table, perform some more validations and transformations, and load it into the final tables.

We want as small a delay as possible between the time the user uploads the file and the time it is loaded into the final table(s) in the database.

The reason for not developing stored procedure(s) is that we want to leverage the vast Informatica code that already exists.

What are the different ways (assuming there are some) that an OAE screen could trigger an Informatica mapping ?

Your responses to the newsgroup are greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Received on Sat Aug 05 2006 - 20:39:39 CEST

Original text of this message