Re: Proc Exceptional Behaviour.........

From: Dave <solomons_dad.w.marks_and_whom_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 10:50:55 +0100

spsingh.sunil_at_gmail.com wrote:
> My project has some part of its code written in Pro C. The problem i am
> facing is that some times the job which internally uses oracle gives
> exception but when the same job is resubmitted the same things work.
> Secondly this too happens like onve in blue mooon. Can any body suggest
> some good ideas to solve this problem.

Possibly a memory corruption; check the code for: - buffer overflows
- dodgy pointers (initialise new pointers to zero and zero them after freeing them will give you an immediate core dump rather than bizarre unpredictable results if your code does inadvertently use dangling pointers) and pointer arithmetic
Also check for uninitialised variables, race conditions and proper use of mutexing in a multithreaded environment. Received on Wed Aug 02 2006 - 11:50:55 CEST

Original text of this message