Re: RMAN job scheduling 10g

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:06:25 -0700

graff3_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> My business case is as follows -
>
> 1. I want my job to be recognized as an RMAN job. If you use OEM to
> create an RMAN job you will notice that RMAN jobs are treated
> differently.
>
> 2. I do not want my job to be displayed in the Oracle job queue like
> other jobs.
> 3. I want to send a RMAN query directly rather than embedding it into a
> batch file and calling it as an executable.

Thanks for the clarification but this is an "I want" list not a business case. In what way do the business requirements and SLA demand that these three decisions be made?

And no I'm not trying to be difficult. It just seems, perhaps incorrectly, that you are making arbitrary design decisions for reasons that have nothing to do with business requirements.

[Quoted] Perhaps you are paid by the hour but this seems like a developer out-of-control and in need of some management supervision.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington