Re: SQLPLUS Oracle 8i query

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:15:31 +0200

vernalGreens_at_gmail.com wrote:

> I want to modify the query so that "and city = 'xyz'" run only when
> region = pqr.

You can do that with plain SQL, there's no need for procedural constructs here.

It's not clear what you want to do with rows with region!='pqr'. I assumed you wish to select all of them. Then:

select * from tablename
where
country = 'abc' and
(

[Quoted]    (region='pqr' and city='xyz')
    or
   (region!='pqr')
)

Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)
  when they kick at your front door | how you gonna come ?