Re: t have two problemms about oracle authentication,can you help me?

From: <ldd600_at_163.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2006 23:24:14 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 19 Jul 2006 20:46:47 -0700, ldd600_at_163.com wrote:
>

> >Dave wrote:
> >> Not without more information.

> >> Over SQLNet. If you explain what you are trying to understand then a
> >> more detailed explanation may be possible.

> >> What do you mean by locking privileges and roles?
> >
> >thank you very much Dave
> >1.Over SQLNet. If you explain what you are trying to understand then a
> >
> > more detailed explanation may be possible.
> >
> >I want to transmit client identifier such as ic card's number to
> >the oracle server before the logon trigger is invoked.
> >
> >2.What do you mean by locking privileges and roles?
> >
> >That means restricting db_user's privileges and roles only in the
> >session ,but not revoking them from the db_user. In this way, another
> >user who uses a different ic card but the same oracle account db_user
> >can get more privileges and roles in his session. The privileges and
> >roles have granted to the db_user before.
> >So, I can let different ic card users with the same oracle account
> >db_user have different privileges and roles. May I use the "set role
> >role1,role2 " or "dbms_session.set_role" to lock the other roles except
> >role1,role2.
>
> 1 You need the Oracle Advanced Networking Option. Other than that: No
> way
> 2 Not possible.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

thanks Sybrand Bakker.

why is it not possible? I tried it, then got answers as follows:

SQL> conn temp/temp;
Connected to Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 Connected as temp
SQL> create role a;

Role created

SQL> create role b;

Role created

SQL> grant a to b;

Grant succeeded

SQL> grant a to scott;

Grant succeeded

SQL> conn scott/tiger;
Connected to Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 Connected as scott
SQL> set role a,resource;

Role set

SQL> select * from session_roles;

ROLE

RESOURCE SQL> conn temp/temp;
Connected to Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 Connected as temp

SQL> grant a to b;

Grant succeeded

SQL> revoke a from b;

Revoke succeeded

SQL> grant a to b;

Grant succeeded

SQL> revoke a from scott;

Revoke succeeded

SQL> grant b to scott;

Grant succeeded

SQL> conn scott/tiger;
Connected to Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 Connected as scott

SQL> select * from session_roles;

ROLE

CONNECT
RESOURCE

SQL> set role a;

Role set

SQL> select * from session_roles;

ROLE

[Quoted] [Quoted] Can you explain what "not possile and Oracle Advanced Networking Option" means for me? I am confused. Received on Thu Jul 20 2006 - 08:24:14 CEST

Original text of this message