Re: t have two problemms about oracle authentication,can you help me?

From: <ldd600_at_163.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2006 20:46:47 -0700

Dave wrote:
> Not without more information.
>
> > 1.how do the clients transmit the identifier to Oracle before logon
> [Quoted]
> Over SQLNet. If you explain what you are trying to understand then a
> more detailed explanation may be possible.
>
> > 2.After logon Oracle,how can I lock some privileges or roles of this
> > user instead of revoking the roles?
> >

> What do you mean by locking privileges and roles?

thank you very much Dave
1.Over SQLNet. If you explain what you are trying to understand then a

  more detailed explanation may be possible.

[Quoted] I want to transmit client identifier such as ic card's number to the oracle server before the logon trigger is invoked.

2.What do you mean by locking privileges and roles?

That means restricting db_user's privileges and roles only in the session ,but not revoking them from the db_user. In this way, another user who uses a different ic card but the same oracle account db_user can get more privileges and roles in his session. The privileges and roles have granted to the db_user before. So, I can let different ic card users with the same oracle account db_user have different privileges and roles. May I use the "set role role1,role2 " or "dbms_session.set_role" to lock the other roles except role1,role2. Received on Thu Jul 20 2006 - 05:46:47 CEST

Original text of this message