sqlplus handling spaces...

From: <devmcg03_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2006 08:18:39 -0700

[Quoted] Hi everyone,

I need an answer to a very urgent problem with sqlplus. I try to launch (from a Java class) sqlplus or plus80, or plus80w, on Win
NT, with the following command line:

sqlplus -s user/password _at_path\sqlfile1

The problem comes when the "path" includes spaces (for example c:\program
files\myapp\sql\).
In this case sqlplus tries to load the file c:\program.sql !!! I discovered that if I use single quotes the problem is solved for the command line:

sqlplus -s user/password _at_'path\sqlfile1'

But, if the "sqlfile1" calls itself a new sql file like in

_at__at_sqlfile2

which is supposed to use the same path like sqlfile1 (the caller), again
sqlplus tries to find the file c:\program.sql

Is there any solution to this problem? Is it possible to load in sqlplus a
file from a directory which has spaces in its name, and this file to call
other files from the same directory (with _at_@)?

I will appreciate any help. Received on Tue Jul 18 2006 - 17:18:39 CEST

Original text of this message