Re: RMAN job scheduling 10g

From: <graff3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2006 17:10:56 -0700

[Quoted] Hi Daniel,

You are right about the DBMS_SCHEDULER package. But that is what I am currently using and NOT entirely satisfied -

I want my following SQL to be treated by RMAN as its own job rather than a generic Oracle job.

BEGIN
sys.dbms_scheduler.create_job(

job_name => '"SYS"."TEST"',
job_type => 'EXECUTABLE',
job_action => 'c:\test.bat',

start_date => sysdate,
job_class => 'DEFAULT_JOB_CLASS',
comments => 'hello',
auto_drop => FALSE,
enabled => FALSE);
sys.dbms_scheduler.set_attribute( name => '"SYS"."TEST"', attribute => 'restartable', value => TRUE);
sys.dbms_scheduler.enable( '"SYS"."TEST"' ); END; Cheers

Max