Re: Enabling the PLAN_EXPLAIN table

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:31:44 +0200

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:19:37 -0400, "Mike King" <emailMK_at_excite.com> wrote:

>I'm having query performance problems, so I want to run "EXPLAIN PLAN" but I
>don't have access to the PLAN_EXPLAIN table. I have told my DBA that I
>would like the able to use the "EXPLAIN PLAN" feature but she said she would
>have to reseach how to. What does she need to know to enable the "EXPLAIN
>PLAN" feature for me?

Run the most recent UTLPLAN script in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin as (preferably0 SYSTEM.
Grant SELECT, INSERT, DELETE privilege on the PLAN_TABLE to PUBLIC. Create a public synonym for the PLAN_TABLE. Dead easy and can be retrieved from http://tahiti.oracle.com by searching for EXPLAIN PLAN.
[Quoted] Please avoid asking questions you could answer yourself faster than this newsgroup.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA