Re: HTMLDB (APEX) Tutorial problem

From: Lee <Lee_at_Jamtoday.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:55:06 -0600

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> Lee schreef:

>> I'm trying to follow the tutorial named "Serving Application Express
>> Reports" by Sergio Leunisson, which I downloaded from OTN:
>>
>> Working in APEX version 2.0 (via apex.oracle.com) I try to follow the
>> steps are printed in the tutorial thus:
>>
>> 1.Click on Application Builder OK
>> 2.Click on Create Application OK
>> 3. Choose "based on Existing Application".
>> Oops! No such choice. There are radio buttons from which one can choose
>> (create application, from spreadsheet, demo) so I chose "create
>> application".
>> 4.Now there's a place to enter the name of the new application "Oracle
>> Magazine Step by Step" and to choose a radio button called "Based on
>> existing application design model"
>> 5. There's a "pick list" for existing application design models, but
>> its EMPTY.
>>
>> I have a "demo" application installed which can be seen under the
>> "demo" choice at step 3 above, but apparently thats not the same as
>> an "existing application Design Model".
>>
>> If I try to enter the name or number of the demo application, and hit
>> "go", no joy. I just get an error message asking for the existing
>> application design model.
>>
>> Can someone explain what to do so that I get to have an existing
>> application design model named "Sample Application" as required by the
>> Tutorial instructions?
>>
>> The tutorial says it was published in Oracle MAgazine May/June 2004,
>> so maybe its assuming an earlier version of HTMLDB (APEX) and needs to
>> be modified to be used in APEX 2.0 ?

> Did you activate the demoes? (ApEx admin screens) >
Under "Application Builder" there's a choice for "Demos". If I click on that I see the "Sample application" listed with status "installed". There's no obvious link or button with the word "activate" or "activation"

Under ADMINISTRATION, there's a "workspace overview" which lists the "Sample Application" among others, but also no status or control that I can see mentioning "activation".

Also under ADMINISTRATION there's a section named "Application Models". Only the new application that I'm trying to build is listed. The list is otherwise empty.

I went clicking around on "ADMINISTRATION" screens, but if there's an "Activation" control, I haven't been able to find it. Received on Wed Jun 28 2006 - 06:55:06 CEST

Original text of this message