Re: Q: Designer, forms testing, automation

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:52:19 +0200

DA Morgan schreef:

> I personally think of Designer as one of the worst places to build and
> test forms.

I will disagree with you on the builing part. Personally speaking, of course :)

But back on-topic: no there is no way to automate testing forms from Designer.
No way of automating testing GUI's at all, I'd say, especially if the end users have a say in it. And that is particulary true in generated GUI's of any kind: "Euw, I'd rather like that box in mauve, and three pixels to the right". Been there, fought that battle - lost some...

There is no way to automate what the end user "likes" - it's like taste. De gustibus non est disputandum.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...