HTMLDB (APEX) Tutorial problem

From: Lee <Lee_at_Jamtoday.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:02:25 -0600

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm trying to follow the tutorial named "Serving Application Express Reports" by Sergio Leunisson, which I downloaded from OTN:

Working in APEX version 2.0 (via apex.oracle.com) I try to follow the steps are printed in the tutorial thus:

1.Click on Application Builder OK
2.Click on Create Application OK
3. Choose "based on Existing Application".
Oops! No such choice. There are radio buttons from which one can choose (create application, from spreadsheet, demo) so I chose "create application".
4.Now there's a place to enter the name of the new application "Oracle Magazine Step by Step" and to choose a radio button called "Based on existing application design model"
5. There's a "pick list" for existing application design models, but its EMPTY. I have a "demo" application installed which can be seen under the "demo"   choice at step 3 above, but apparently thats not the same as an
"existing application Design Model".

If I try to enter the name or number of the demo application, and hit
"go", no joy. I just get an error message asking for the existing
application design model.

Can someone explain what to do so that I get to have an existing application design model named "Sample Application" as required by the Tutorial instructions?

The tutorial says it was published in Oracle MAgazine May/June 2004, so maybe its assuming an earlier version of HTMLDB (APEX) and needs to be modified to be used in APEX 2.0 ? Received on Sat Jun 24 2006 - 20:02:25 CEST

Original text of this message