Re: I can't find a SETUP.EXE in the SQL Plus Client ??

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 22 Jun 2006 08:59:47 -0700

D. Patrick wrote:
> Whatever. I was thinking you might understand that many businesses don't
> have DBAs on staff and contractors cannot always be reached, or businesses
> don't want to pay contractors for all issues. This is just the reality in
> the real world, even though you're obviously lucky enough to work for a
> university that doesn't have the same constraints that small businesses
> face.
>
> Sincerely,
> Your friendly stupid hacker who foolishly posts about a really stupid
> question that wouldn't affect any database security anyway.
>
> (If a database were compromised by someone simply knowing how to install SQL
> Plus, we'd all have bigger fish to fry than me).

I trust that if you eventually get hold of the information that you need to connect to this database, you will return and apologise to the group for your attitude to people who were actually trying to help you.

Kind regards,

-g Received on Thu Jun 22 2006 - 17:59:47 CEST

Original text of this message