Re: I can't find a SETUP.EXE in the SQL Plus Client ??

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 08:32:19 -0700

D. Patrick wrote:
> Thank you. So I downloaded the SQL Plus zip file, too, and put the unzipped
> files together. That gives me one exe called "sqlplus.exe". Then, I
> double clicked that and it opened up in a DOS window (I was expecting some
> windows installer), and that windows asks me for a user and password. Huh?
> Where's the installer, and what user and password is it wanting from me?
> The directions don't cover that.

The username and password that the SQL*Plus DOS client you've downloaded (sqlplus.exe) is asking you for is the schema name and its associated password. As I mentioned in an earlier post, you should contact the DBA in question to obtain this information.

HTH -g Received on Tue Jun 20 2006 - 17:32:19 CEST

Original text of this message