Oracle Reports 9i - Problem with Displaying Chinese Characters

From: Aleks <aleks.felipe_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2006 19:53:09 -0700

 Hello All,

We have configured our report server such that generated pdf of the reports were able to display chinese characters using Arial Unicode MS. But when we change the font to Ming(for ISO10646), we encounter errors saying "There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (122)". We greatly appreciate any help in solving this problem of ours.

Some info about our setup.

  • We use AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 for our NLS_LANG. Ming(for ISO10646) (filename is MING_UNI.TTF) should be a unicode font. From the site "..The ISO 10646 standard and Unicode are code-to-code identical. Unicode can be regarded as the implementation version of the ISO 10646 standard. Therefore, products supporting Unicode also support the ISO 10646 standard."
  • We have an entry under [PDF: Subset] "Arial Unicode MS" = "ARIALUNI.TTF". For using the Ming font, we have "Ming(for ISO10646)" = "MING_UNI.TTF".
  • We have both font files copied to one of the directories in the report path.
  • We have Acrobat Reader 6 in the report server with both Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese language packs installed.

For more reference, please see
http://www.info.gov.hk/digital21/eng/structure/unicode.html, Ming(for ISO10646) can be downloaded here http://www.info.gov.hk/digital21/eng/hkscs/terms_1.html Received on Thu Jun 08 2006 - 04:53:09 CEST

Original text of this message