Re: Oracle Apps on W2K3 DC

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 06:42:54 +0200

On 3 Jun 2006 21:47:15 -0700, insidematrix_at_gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>We are planning to install and run Oracle Applications on Windows 2003
>SP1 Domain Controller which will also host DNS & DHCP services.
>Are there any issues with this?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Best Regards,
>insidematrix

This has *BAD IDEA* inscribed all over it. Oracle always has recommended against installing their software on a domain controller, let alone when it also functions als DNS server and DHCP server. In fact combining domain controller,DNS and DHCP on one server is already pretty questionable.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA