Re: Exception Handling!!!!

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob--nospam--_at_dynamicpsp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:05:51 +0400

"Wallace" <princevictor.moses_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148033738.170753.178170_at_i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Hai All,
>
> I have a function which contains a collection of select and insert
> statements and I am also able to handle the exception and get the error
> code and error message using SQLCODE and SQLERRM respectively. But the
> problem is I am not able to figure out in exactly in which line or with
> which column the exception occurs. I s there is any method avalable for
> getting the detailed error message.
> Kindly Help...
> Thanx in advance....
> Looking for the response....

Look up DBMS_UTILITY.FORMAT_ERROR_BACKTRACE in the docs on supplied packages. In a nutshell, when called from an exception handler, this function will return a formatted string with the error stack backtrace down to point where the error was raised, including object names and line numbers.

Hth,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Fri May 19 2006 - 13:05:51 CEST

Original text of this message