schema triggers and Apex -- is this an issues for anybody?

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:04:59 -0400

i ran across a limitation in apex that schema-level triggers do not fire -- most likely due to apex's reliance on DBMS_SYS_SQL.PARSE_AS_USER.

an example of the impact of this is that any ddl executed via the command processor or object browser (specifically when using Apex with Oracle XE) will not cause schema triggers to fire (such as a CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER TRG_VCS_AFTER_DDL AFTER CREATE OR ALTER OR DROP OR RENAME ON SCHEMA trigger).

has anybody encountered this using apex, and how big of an issue do you consider it? in my dev environment architecture, it circumvents my integrated version control system.

(this seems to be related to the Apex behavior, when using database account authentication in Oracle XE, where the value of the USER function does not return the name of the validated database user, but returns the Apex connection user, rendering auditing triggers in some applications useless)

++ mcs Received on Fri May 12 2006 - 20:04:59 CEST

Original text of this message