Re: concat two strings

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:42:57 -0400

"Jürg Schaufelberger" <juerg.schaufelberger_at_tele2.ch> wrote in message news:mlL8g.169$OK3.41_at_nntpserver.swip.net...
: Hello
:
: I need a function to concat two strings only if both values
: are not null. The concat() doesn't work like this and the
: operater || either.
: I would like to concat the strings in a SQL-statement.
: Is there in Oracle 9 a function that works like I need it ?
: What's the easiest way to solve this problem ?
:
: Thanks for your help
: Jürg
:
:

look into case, nvl, nlv2, and decode

some combination of one or two of these should work for you

++ mcs Received on Thu May 11 2006 - 20:42:57 CEST

Original text of this message