Re: function/procedure dependencies

From: Frank Dietrich <ablesoft_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:11:46 +0200

Hi Frank,

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:

>> Frank van Bortel (frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com) wrote:
>> : Frank Dietrich wrote:
>> : > For standalone functions and procedure I can use the information from the
>> : > *_DEPENDENCIES tables. But I need this information for functions and
>> : > precedures inside of packages. So the package dependencies alone provide
>> : > not enough information.
>> : Does 'connect by' ring a bell? It should...

In this context? No.

>> and your point is?
>>

> select object_id
> from public_dependency
> CONNECT BY PRIOR object_id = referenced_object_id
> START WITH referenced_object_id =
> (select object_id
> from dba_objects
> where owner = '&which_owner'
> and object_name = '&object_name'
> and object_type = '&object_type')

May be I not clear enough explain what I would like to get:

I need not only the information which package depends on which other. I need the information packageA.procedureB depends on packageD.functionE.

But it seems that this information is not stored in the database. I think I try to get this information in a way like this: - get dependencies from dba_objects
- and then parse the package source

But I think it's not worth to invest to much time in this.

Frank Received on Sat Apr 29 2006 - 11:11:46 CDT