Re: Oracle Forms and special query operators

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:11:19 -0400

: "Cris Carampa" <> wrote in message
: DA Morgan wrote:
: > Type in an ampersand "&" and execute the query.
: > You can type in an entire WHERE clause with AND and OR if you wish.
: Daniel,
: as I wrote, I do know this feature, but unfortunately our users refuse
: to use it because they don't want to remember the names of the database
: columns.
: I was wondering whether there is a more "user-friendly" way to do that.
: Thank you. Kind regards,
: --
: Cris Carampa (
: potevo chiedere come si chiama il vostro cane
: il mio un po' di tempo che si chiama Libero

[Quoted] yes, AFAIR, you can flag fields in query mode with with not just a & but also a letter or ':' and a letter and reference these instead of the column names within the pop-up WHERE window

it's been a while since of done this and i don't have access to a working installation, so maybe someone else can be a bit more specific on the syntax.

++ mcs Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 22:11:19 CEST

Original text of this message