Oracle Forms and special query operators

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:24:23 +0200

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I do know that in Oracle Forms it's possible to use special symbols like
[Quoted] ">" and "<" in query mode. For example, entering "<3" in a numeric field
[Quoted] means "fetch all the rows where this field is less than 3".

[Quoted] I would like to know if there's a way to ask things like "fetch all the rows where this field is between 3 and 5" or "fetch all the rows where this field is 3 or 5 or 7".

[Quoted] I know that with the "&" symbol you can inject straight SQL into the query, but our users refuse to use it because they have to remember the names of the database columns.

[Quoted] I tried to write things like "between 3 and 5" and "in (3,5,7)" in numeric fields but the Forms engine doesn't seem to like it.

Has someone out there already faced the same problem?

Thank you. Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)

potevo chiedere come si chiama il vostro cane
il mio è un po' di tempo che si chiama Libero