Oracle Forms and special query operators

From: Cris Carampa <>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:24:23 +0200

[Quoted] [Quoted] I do know that in Oracle Forms it's possible to use special symbols like
[Quoted] ">" and "<" in query mode. For example, entering "<3" in a numeric field
[Quoted] means "fetch all the rows where this field is less than 3".

[Quoted] I would like to know if there's a way to ask things like "fetch all the rows where this field is between 3 and 5" or "fetch all the rows where this field is 3 or 5 or 7".

[Quoted] I know that with the "&" symbol you can inject straight SQL into the query, but our users refuse to use it because they have to remember the names of the database columns.

[Quoted] I tried to write things like "between 3 and 5" and "in (3,5,7)" in numeric fields but the Forms engine doesn't seem to like it.

Has someone out there already faced the same problem?

Thank you. Kind regards,

Cris Carampa (

potevo chiedere come si chiama il vostro cane
il mio  un po' di tempo che si chiama Libero