Re: Report writing to a network drive

From: ianal Vista <>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:51:27 GMT

> Platform:
> Database: 10g running on a Sun Server (UNIX)
> Clients: Windows XP
> Network Windows 2000
> Using Oracle Forms and Reports in Client Server (v6) we developed a
> number of reports that write directly to a network drive. We are in
> the process of converting from v6 to 9i. That functionality no longer
> works. Can someone make a suggestion to help us continue to write a
> PDF document to a network drive with no intervention from the user?
> The staff here has very little expereince....

If your "9i" refers to 9iAS, then do NOT waste your time & effort. Proceed directly to the 10iAS version.

Both 9iAS & 10gAS ONLY support webforms. Therefore the *pdf files will be written to disks connected to the Application Server system. Received on Thu Apr 06 2006 - 03:51:27 CEST

Original text of this message