universal installer not recording properly

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:05:04 +0200

Hi!
I'm trying to create a response file for a 10.2.0.1 client on Windows XP. So I co to the directory containing the copy of the CD and run setup -record -destinationfile c:\temp\x.rsp, make my choices (custom install, bunch of components) and at the summary I click cancel. According to the dicumentation it should record everything in the file. Unfortunately, what I get is this (comments removed): RESPONSEFILE_VERSION=2.2.1.0.0

UNIX_GROUP_NAME=" "
FROM_LOCATION="T:\oracle\10.2.0.1\10201_client_win32\client\stage\products.xml"
FROM_LOCATION_CD_LABEL=<Nicht festgelegter Wert>
ORACLE_HOME="C:\oracle\10g\Client"
ORACLE_HOME_NAME="OraClient10g_home1"
SHOW_WELCOME_PAGE=true
SHOW_CUSTOM_TREE_PAGE=true
SHOW_COMPONENT_LOCATIONS_PAGE=true
SHOW_SUMMARY_PAGE=true
SHOW_INSTALL_PROGRESS_PAGE=true
SHOW_REQUIRED_CONFIG_TOOL_PAGE=true
SHOW_CONFIG_TOOL_PAGE=true
SHOW_RELEASE_NOTES=true
SHOW_ROOTSH_CONFIRMATION=true
SHOW_END_SESSION_PAGE=true
SHOW_EXIT_CONFIRMATION=true
NEXT_SESSION=false
NEXT_SESSION_ON_FAIL=true
NEXT_SESSION_RESPONSE=<Nicht festgelegter Wert>

Well, great, but where are the choices I made?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Mon Apr 03 2006 - 04:05:04 CDT