Re: TO_DATE function causes table scan

From: <dhart_at_t2systems.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2006 11:20:46 -0800

Daniel thanks for your reply, I realize that tuning queries depends on multiple factors and the row count is just one of them. I was just starting to test this query with the 3500 row as I would rather start testing with a small amount of data and then slowly add data and see how the query responds.

I would be very surprise if this query would run faster without the use of an index :) I'm not obsessing, just being practical.

After viewing the Explain Plan I had some question and was trying to get some expert support as I'm new to Oracle but not new to databases. I appreciate all the input, it has answered my all questions :)

Cheers!
Dave Received on Fri Mar 31 2006 - 21:20:46 CEST

Original text of this message