Re: Running reports from Forms-application in 10g

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:54:08 GMT

"Rama Shankar" <ramashankar.yadav_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>run_Report_object is only to run the report.

>and to show the output file you have to call
>web.show_document.

Yes, I knew that, but of course I forgot to mention that I knew. Duh.

The problem really is that I can't run the report as Forms can't connect to reports server.

>there is also a 2nd option . Just call the report using
>WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT directly
>eg=>
>
>WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT('http://App_server:8889/reports/rwservlet?destype=CACHE&desformat=PDF&report=sample_report.rdf&userid=scott/tiger_at_exp&P_REG_NO='||:MAST.REG_NO||'&P_PID='||:MAST.P_ID);

This looks interesting, I didn't know that you can call web.show_document like that.

I'll try, sometime next week as I'm too busy at least a couple of days to do anything about this matter.

Thank you very much in any case. :)

Tuomas

--
hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.