Q: forms and window maximize

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 27 Mar 2006 17:39:14 -0800

Hello

I'm having a hard time figuring out why something has changed regarding the maximizing of a forms window.

This is Oracle 10G and the Forms that comes with that version, running on Windows XP client (Internet explorer with Jinit), in a separate window (separateFrame=true).

When the user runs the existing install of the application then the maximize of a forms window is different than in the modified version, but I really don't see what has changed to cause this, the existing application is also 10G. I even tried running old code and older versions of Oracle (9i and jinit 1.1.8). I got the app to run but it made no difference to the window maximize behaviour.

In the existing install, when the user maximizes a form then it "takes over" the mdi window. The title is displayed as part of the main window title, and there is only one set of scroll bars.

In the new code, when a form is maximized then it gets larger, yes, but not as large. Instead it keeps its own window title and scroll bars _inside_ the main mdi window, which means there is less space for the form and more visual junk on the screen.

Does anyone have any clues on what could control the window maximize behaviour? Received on Tue Mar 28 2006 - 03:39:14 CEST

Original text of this message