Re: Oracle Client Tool for a developer

From: Martijn Tonies <m.tonies_at_upscene.removethis.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:32:58 +0100

Sybrand,

I'll answer this just because I appreciate the usual time you take to answer peoples questions.

> >I totally fail to see why my reply was "spam" in your eyes.
> >
> >Don't overdo it.
>
> You are promoting your own commercial activities.

That is correct. Because the OP asked for opinions.

> This is self promotion for your own gain.

Obviously.

> Hence this is an advert.

It's a reply.

> Consequently this is just blatant spam and you are well aware of it,

That is incorrect.

> as this has pointed out repeatedly to you.

I've once posted a message in this group as OP, which I then was told not to, for which I apologized and never did so since.

> Yet you continue to spam this group when someone is soliciting your
> spam.

Question and answer.

> Next time I would forward an abuse message to your provider.

Good luck with that. Feel free to include my replies to you and feel free to explain why exactly you think this is "spam".

Sybrand, you're overdoing it. I agree with - I think - whatever you say about/against people posting messages in here as first posts (so not replies), but don't you think you're a bit out of line now? Ah well, you probably think you're not ... Well then. Have fun.

--
Martijn