Re: convert long to anything else (clob, varchar2) in select on the fly - help !!!

From: Bzm <bzamfir_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2006 14:04:26 -0800

I cannot change, because it is not my application. The application is owned by other company, who developed it, and I only have to add a module to it.

This is the reason why I cannot change the type.

If the type would be changed to CLOB, there are any issues which needs ti be checked to ensure the application is still working OK.

Are there are drawbacks or compatibilitz issues between clob and long (from negative point of view related to CLOB)?

Thanks for all answers.

Regards,
Bogdan Received on Tue Mar 14 2006 - 23:04:26 CET

Original text of this message