Re: Oracle Client Tool for a developer

From: Martijn Tonies <m.tonies_at_upscene.removethis.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:15:29 +0100

> What do you recommend as a good tool for an Oracle developer:
>
> TOAD, or Db Tools for Oracle, or some other tool?

I guess it depends where your preferences are ...

These days, Oracle provides a free tool: SQL Developer. It's quite rudimentary on many levels, but it does the job.

Then there's the third party tools, TOAD being the most well known, but there's also a "new kid on the block", Database Workbench ( www.upscene.com ) with a different GUI and the ability to cross database development (eg: MS SQL Server or MySQL) if you get those modules as well.

--
Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - development tool for Oracle, and more!