Re: Tool to check why queries miss results?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:10:53 +0100

Andreas Koch wrote:

>> Ask the right question, with the right data, and the RDBMS *will*
>> return the correct result set.

> Yes, and i need a tool to check why a given question is wrong.

You need a programming language that handles fuzzy logic. Lisp pops to mind, and AI systems.

You can automate tests (if this data is in that table, and that data in the other, this query would result in that. If not, raise an error. Then take it up to an AI system, and start speculating).

[Quoted] Doubt if you can automate helpdesks (In fact, I *know* you cannot!)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...