Re: php code from plsql using owa htp.p

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:32:22 +0100

marvado_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi Dietmar,
>
> thanks for the tip, but I'm using exactly UTL_HTTP for that with htp.p
> and it doesn't seem to be showing back the php result.
> This is what I have in a plsql package:
>
> begin
> htp.p('phpinfo();');
> end;
>
> it gives me a blank page when I call the package from the browser. What
> I expect is to see the environment variables for PHP with the
> phpinfo(); function call.
>
> my setup:
> - oracle 9i
> - Oracle's HTTP Server with Apache 1.3
> - php 5
>
> anything I'm missing?
> thanks.

  1. Your browser requests http://yourserver/plsql_dad/your_procedure
  2. Apache by Oracle recognizes the plsql_dad bit, and hands the request off to mod_plsql.
  3. mod_plsql has some login processing, define in the Database Access Descriptor (dad), but will eventually call your procedure.
  4. Your procedure sends the string phpinfo(); back to mod_plsql, that faithfully hands it off to Apache, that will send it back to your browser.
  5. Your browser does not understand phpinfo(); and displays a blank page. Hint: check page source

What did *I* forget here? Do you understand the sequence of events above? If you do, you should be able to understand why you do not get what you expected.

Now, as we already established, I know nothing about php, but it seems to me, that:
1) Your browser needs to send phpinfo(); (not *receive* it) [Quoted] 2) And it needs to be sent to the php environment, not the Oracle pl/sql stack.

[Quoted] So, we're back at what was suggested before: link those two.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...