Re: Reports Builder Application Error

From: catfish <fishallnight_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2006 06:13:07 -0800

HansF wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:45:32 -0800, catfish wrote:
>
> > I have a user who keeps getting the following error when using Reports
> > Builder:
> > Reports Builder: rwbuilder.exe - Application Error
> > The instruction at "0x64af3d4f" referenced memory at "0x000002aa". The
> > memory could not be "read. Click ok to terminate...
>
> Is it always the same memory location ?
> Is she getting errors using any other application?
> Is the hardware confirmed OK?
>
> When you uninstalled, did you physically remove the executable, or verify
> that the uninstall did remove te file? Or simply hope that the reinstall
> would overwrite the old one?
>

> --
> Hans Forbrich
> Canada-wide Oracle training and consulting
> mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com
> *** Top posting [replies] guarantees I won't respond. ***

I did make sure that the old executable was removed. We manually deleted the folders after the uninstall and rebooted before reinstalling. As for the location of the "memory could not be read" errors, the ones from rwbuilder.exe are all instruction 0x64af3d4f and the memory addresses that were sent to me are: 0x000002aa, 0x000017aa, and 0x000012aa
Thanks Received on Thu Mar 02 2006 - 15:13:07 CET

Original text of this message