Re: How to run SQL Script from forms 6i?

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_undisclosed.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:49:59 -0500

insbor_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We want to run some SQL Scripts from forms 6i.
>We are using a form's host command in order to that but not
>successful.
>
>For Example:
>get_connect_info.....
>
>output:='c:\run_sql.txt '||un||'/'||pw||'_at_'||cn ;
>Host(output,no_screen);
>

>The run_sql.txt contains the following :
>
>set trimspool on
>set heading off
>set feedback off
>set echo off
>spool c:\traceonly.txt
>set autotrace traceonly
>select * from scott.emp ;
>spool off
>set autotrace off
>exit
>
>Please let us inform how should we run the above script from forms
>6i's Host Command?
>

>insbor

Insbor,

Where is your form running? Can you give a quick overview of your system & software architecture? As Frank pointed out, Forms 6i supports client/server as well as apps server middle tier. The output of text_io depends on the machine the form is executing within ... Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 23:49:59 CET

Original text of this message