Re: How to run SQL Script from forms 6i?

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_undisclosed.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:09:21 -0500

Scott wrote:

>put a button on the form, this is what the user will click
>
>in the button click event:
>- define a cursor for your select
>- open the cursor
>- open the output file
>- loop over fetch, utl_file
>- close the cursor
>- close the output file
>
>Note: util_file puts the output on the server, if you need the output
>on the user's machine use the text_io built-in package.

utl_file emits from the database server; it puts the output into the file system available to the database server.

[Quoted] [Quoted] text_io emits from the Forms execution engine; it puts the output into the file system available to the application server.

Neither one outputs a file to the user's local PC disk (unless things have changed radically since my Forms 4.5 days).

Martin Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 17:09:21 CET

Original text of this message