Re: Posting Oracle based XML file using HTTPS and POST

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:56:44 -0000

In article <1140447237.860835.88040_at_z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, says...
> I'm a completely lost here so any help would be appreciated. I've got
> a customer who wants to give me an XML file using Oracle and HTTPS Post
> rather than FTP. I've set up a web space with a SSL certificate but
> I'm stuck on what to do next. My customer is talking about servlet.
> As I understand it, they enter the domain name, user name and password
> in their application their end but do I actually need an application
> running on my webserver? If so what?

Following up from my earlier response I should point out that there is no obligation on you to run any Oracle software in order to be able to receive an XML document in this manner - what technology is used by your customer is not relevant - it just results in an XML document.

--

jeremy