Re: create an oracel table from a XSD file

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:00:27 +0100

Rob Wolfe schrieb:
>> I would like to be able to take an XSD file and create an Oracle
>> table.
>> I don't want to create a table of xmltype, just a normal table. Is
>> there a program out there that can do this? Or how can this be done?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> XML is hierarchical. Relational datebases aren't (without some
> twiddling). What would be your expected table definition from this XSD
> definition {copyright from the w3schools }

I have the same problem.

Got a file lookingm like

.x Value
..a Name Value
...a AttributeOfName AnotherValue
.y

What I'd like to see is a way to define
the nesting criteria, and keep some values when descending. then I could put the values into separate tables, like the "where" syntax in sql*loader, reusing values from previous lines.

I'd have to think about this a bit more carefully but maybe a new keyword "keep" in the sql*loader could perhaps do it.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Mon Feb 20 2006 - 12:00:27 CET

Original text of this message