sql help to find next record of same status

From: <jeffchirco_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2006 14:00:51 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] Ok, I have a table as described that is a list of employee's status. Whether it is "A" for Active, "T" for terminated, or "L" for being on leave and the date they went on that status.
empno      number(10),
eff_date     date,
status       varchar2(1)

I need to find all the records where an employee went from status "A" to status "A" again (they were not terminated or on leave between their two active status). Don't know how this could have happend, but we just need to make sure it has not.
How can I write a SQL statment to do this. I'm lost. Thanks.

Jeff Received on Mon Feb 13 2006 - 23:00:51 CET

Original text of this message