Re: Do Raptors eat T.O.A.D.s?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:47:03 -0800

uv_katastrophe_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I am running Release 8.1.6.2.0 and when I select a table and chose a
> column tab, I get and "invalid table" name error. When I select the
> "data" tab, I can see the table and the data. Wierd. I don't get this
> on 9.2.
> Oracle even says on the download site that
> " Project Raptor can connect to any Oracle Database version 9.2.0.1 and
> later. "
>
> I am disappointed because I am currently using a 6 year old version of
> Sql Station and am tired of dowloading free Toad every month.

Seems to me the problem is that you are trying to kludge a Jurassic (8.1.6.2) version of Oracle into something it was never intended to be. It is unsupported and once of the worst versions of Oracle I can recall working with. Consider spending the efforts on upgrading to 9.2 or 10.2.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org