connecting to 8.0.5

From: <gpecus_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2005 03:58:54 -0800

[Quoted] Hi all,

I need to connect to a remote installation of oracle 8.0.5. The current Instant Client (10.2) only works with 8.1.7+. I am using either Toad or PL/SQL developer, but I need a Oracle's native connectivity in place for the tools to run.

What package/install can I download (please be specific as I am a very very beginner at Oracle) in order to have the connecitivity libraries available *and* working with 8.0.5?
Can I install only the SQLPLUS and/or SQLNet from bigger installs? (someone suggested Forms 6i, but I'd like to know whether I should install the whole of it or not).

TIA,
pecus Received on Tue Dec 27 2005 - 12:58:54 CET

Original text of this message