Re: SQL*Loader and Stream Record Format

From: Rob Zijlstra <rj.zijlstra_at_tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:32:06 +0100

[Quoted] On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 14:41:58 -0500, "oran johnson" <mobileoran_at_optonline.net> wrote:

>Can I access an internet file (http://www.sometime.com/file.txt) via
>slq*loader?
>
>Thanks
>Oran
>

>On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:26:08 -0500, Frank van Bortel
><frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> oran johnson wrote:
>>> I have recently downloaded, installed and created a database using
>>> Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Beta 2 Release for Microsoft
>>> Windows. My table was created and loaded using the load text data
>>> option on the Database Home Page. I would like to automate the update
>>> process using the SQL*Loader. I hava a text file that contains a 129
>>> comma delimited fields per line. I am only interested in fields 1-17.
>>> How do I advance the SQL*Loader to the next line after the 17th field?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Oran
>>>

>> Define the rest as a filler; look up the filler keyword
>> in the Utilities Manual

Do NOT toppost.

BEFORE asking, start with something like http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/utilities/htdocs/sql_loader_overview.html.

THEN Google.

THEN try your solution YOURSELF.

After that -when not working- state ora version etc etc, everything YOU YOURSELF tried and then I know that you did something YOURSELF before you started to ask.

Have a nice day.

Might be a bit harsh, but I'm gettinmg s.a.t. from thew level of questions lately,

Best Regards

Rob Zijlstra Received on Mon Dec 26 2005 - 21:32:06 CET

Original text of this message