Re: Execute Immediate Not Working With WHERE CURRENT OF

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:37:38 -0800

OracleNewbie wrote:
> Guys this is what happening. The
> database that i'm working on is 10 years old and the project manager
> dont want to change it [every one here accepts its a crap DB design but
>
> no one wants to change it. And i'm a junior developer / DBA and i cant
>
> take decision of my own]. Our new Database was in perfection to
> the requirement , but onyl this one database of 10 years old is not
> normalized. So i ahve to write some crap to make that logic work.
>

> Again guys, DB is an old one and my hands are tight for that particualr
>
> Database.
>

> Again, frank dont try to target personaly before knowing what happened
> about reposting it with another name.

And precisely what skills does this project manager bring to the party? An Oracle expert? An expert in normalization and database theory? If this PM is such an expert ask them to tell you how to do it. Otherwise the requirement is complete and utter nonsense and you are welcome to have this person contact me at the University of Washington where I will gladly spell it out to them.

[Quoted] Right now ... my advice ... stop playing games and tell them the project, as they've asked it to be done, will take a minimum of 6 months and may require a second developer.

After which it will still be a bad idea.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org