Obtaining Oracle Licence/Installed Products

From: <andrasv1_at_comcast.net>
Date: 19 Dec 2005 11:56:17 -0800

Greetings:

I have been placed in charge of looking for a unified command for UNIX to ennumerate all of the versions of Oracle database as well as the options/softwares that are associated with it. We have a variety of Oracle versions and was wondering if there is a simple command or script that can be run to get the information into a file that I can use.

I have heard of two methods:

  1. Using the inspdver script/command.
  2. Ennumerating the unix.rgs file with a script.

Can anybody provide any insight on how I can find this information for versions of Oracle ranging from 7-10. If there are multiple types of commands or scripts, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Regards,
Andras Vancsa Received on Mon Dec 19 2005 - 20:56:17 CET

Original text of this message