Re: BULK COLLECT - Can it be implemented for a few rows .

From: Aravindh <knaravindh81_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2005 18:29:11 -0800

Hi ,

[Quoted] [Quoted] The original requirement was to REDUCE the amount of DISK READS. Since the OLD PROC was consuming a heavy disk reads and it was loading the database . Thats why we designed a new procedure using the BULK COLLECT approach .

[Quoted] I read all over the net and all the m,aterials said that the BULK collect was the fastest and the efficient . But the net disk reads did not come down when it was run on the INCREMENTAL basis for about 850 rows / 4500 rows.

[Quoted] However the total disk reads when run for a FULL LOAD did come down for the new procedure .

[Quoted] So can you please suggest ways to reduce the disk reads in the NEW PROC .

Thanks a lot for your concern

Bye
KN Aravindh Received on Thu Dec 08 2005 - 03:29:11 CET

Original text of this message